A quarter peal is a long length of ringing and must be at least 1250 changes. Quarters are rung to mark special occasions or personal acheivements of ringers, for example a ringer could ring a quarter peal to qualify as a member of the Yorkshire Association of Change Ringers. A quarter peal takes about 45 minutes to ring and we sometimes ring them before the Sunday service.
Both peals and quarter peals are published in the weekly ringers magazine - 'The Ringing World'. The Campanophile website lists performances from towers around the world. Ecclesfield's quarters and peals are listed on the site.
We welcome applications from teams of ringers who want to ring peals or quarter peals at St Mary's. Please contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
Quarter Peals for You - Say it with Bells
If you have a special occasion and you want to make it even more special why not have the bells of St Mary's, Ecclesfield rung for 45 minutes just for you.......More Information
On Any Number of Bells
We don't have to ring all 10 bells for a quarter peal. We have some options, these are:
6 bell quarter peals can be rung on either the front 6 bells (1 to 6) or the back 6 bells (5 to 10) or the front 6 of the back 8 (3 to 8).
8 bell quarter peals can only be rung on the back 8 to sound musically correct (3 to 10).
Our Quarter Peals
To avoid you having to scroll down a long list, we are only listing this year's quarters on this page. The previous years quarters can be found by using the links below to the Adobe .pdf files.
- Quarters rung during 2006 and 2007 pdf file 86.5kb
- Quarters rung during 2008 pdf file 94.8kb
- Quarters rung during 2009 pdf file 97.7kb
- Quarters rung during 2010 pdf file 152kb
- Quarters rung during 2011 pdf file 175kb
- Quarters rung during 2012 pdf file 84kb
- Quarters rung during 2013 pdf file 26kb
- Quarters rung during 2014 pdf file 122kb
- Quarters rung during 2015 pdf file 199kb
- Quarters rung during 2016 pdf file 173kb
- Quarter's rung during 2017 pdf file 291kb
- Quarters rung during 2018 pdf file 19.2kb
- Quarters rung during 2019 pdf file 111kb
Recent Quarter Peals - These are the quarter peals rung at St Mary's Ecclesfield during 2020.
Click on the date link to find full details of the quarter peal.
|05/01/2020||1264||Plain Bob Major||For Epiphany||8|
|16/02/2020||1264||Plain Bob Major||To welcome Evelyn Mary Swift born 08/01/20||8|
|03/03/2020||1320||Kent Treble Bob Minor||F6|
|10/03/2020||1344||Little Bob Major||In memory of George W Pipe||8|
Click on the date link to find full details of the quarter peal. F6= front six.
You can email us at: email@example.com or you can ring our contact number 07977694069 and leave us a voicemail message.